It can be challenging to know what to do after a car accident. If you are seriously injured, the first thing you should do is get medical treatment. Even if you feel fine, it is essential to schedule an appointment with your doctor to follow up. Some car crash symptoms can show up days after the wreck, so it’s best to get a medical assessment of your condition as soon as possible.

If you have questions after a car accident in Washington, contact Emerald City Law Group right away. Our skilled Seattle car accident lawyers can help you understand your rights and guide you through the claims process. Call us today at 206-973-0407 for a free, initial consultation.

Medical Treatment for Car Accident Injuries in Washington

According to the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), in 2015, a person was injured in a crash every 11 minutes. Common injuries involved broken bones, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), concussions, soft tissue damage, and more. Many of these injuries resulted in emergency room treatment as well as long-term rehabilitation for some people.

When you see a doctor after a car crash, you should ask the following questions:

What is the extent of my injuries?

Although your doctor may not know every detail about how your injury will develop, they can likely explain how severe your injuries are. It’s vital to understand the extent of your injuries so that you know which body parts are affected and how long it may take to recover.

How long will it take to recover?

Every person recovers from injuries differently. However, there are clinical standards that estimate the length of time it will take to heal a broken bone or bruise. If you sustained more complicated injuries, it might be difficult for your doctor to tell you how long you will feel symptoms of your injury.

Will I need physical therapy or ongoing treatment?

Some injuries will require more than a single visit to treat. Soft tissue damage often seems mild; however, it may require long-term, expensive treatment. Your doctor may be able to estimate how much time you will need in ongoing treatment to recover from your injuries.

Will I need to see a specialist?

If you suffered a traumatic brain injury or another injury to a specific part of your body, you might need to see a doctor who specializes in your injured area. Emergency room doctors and primary care physicians each have their specialties, and other doctors also focus on different areas of the body. If you want the most appropriate care for your conditions, you should see a specialist after a car crash.

Do I have physical limitations?

Even mild injuries can result in physical limitations for a period of time. If you work in a particularly physical environment, you may need to be off work completely for a while. You should talk to your doctor about physical limitations, so you avoid injuring yourself further.

Contact a Seattle Car Accident Lawyer for Help with Your Case

After a car crash, it is important to immediately seek medical attention. However, once you are stable, you should call a car accident attorney. Our skilled Seattle car accident lawyers at Emerald City Law Group can help you obtain financial compensation as well as seek the necessary resources to move forward with your life after a wreck. Call us today at 206-973-0407 for more information during a free case assessment.

View All Blogs