If you ever decide to become a Seattle defense lawyer, you’ve got to be ready to answer one question that will pop up over and over again (no, not “how can you represent guilty people” which is another common one):
What’s One Piece of Advice I Should Know?
The answer to this question is easy, because it tells you how to react in a situation that is sure to pop up at some point in your life. What is the answer?
DON’T TALK TO THE POLICE
Why is Don’t Talk to the Police the Best Advice?
There are a ton of reasons I could give you, but I think the easiest thing to do is just ask you to watch this video (it’s long, but it’s worth it).
Here are a short list of reasons you shouldn’t talk to the police:
- Everything say will be used against you;
- Everything you say that helps won’t be used for you;
- Everything you say will be twisted against you;
- You may, without knowing it, confess to a crime;
- The cops will do everything they can to get you to confess to a crime;
If that’s not enough reason, watch the video. Then remember to keep your mouth shut!View All Blogs